Freeze two panes

chrismac

Is it possible to freeze both the top row and the left-most column at the same time with "freeze panes"?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I dont think that it is possible to have two independent freeze panes in excel 2007.

If you are looking to free a combination of rows and columns use freeze panes. But having two independent panes is not yet possible

Upvote 0
I dont think that it is possible to have two independent freeze panes in excel 2007.

If you are looking to free a combination of rows and columns use freeze panes. But having two independent panes is not yet possible

But, I am working with 2010.

Upvote 0
sure unfreeze first column then select any cell in second column (if u want to freeze both column and row) else just repeat what u did for first column.

Upvote 0
But, I am working with 2010.

That is impossible by logic, because if you will freeze two independent cell or panes, how can the first one be able to scroll if the 2nd one is frozen, so something will stop the first one from moving...

what i am thinking if i were microsoft is to put a split so you can freeze two panes, what will happen looks like there will be two sheets in one sheet.

Upvote 0
Why would you ever want to do that? The reason for freeze panes is so that you can see the relevance of a column or row. Once you've frozen two areas independantly, that relevance is lost, surely?

Upvote 0
I am actually curios about the same thing (I think)....

I have a cloumn of data on the left (columns A-D) that I want to always be visible on the left as I scroll down the data in columns E-T. I also want the heading in E-T to stay in place.

So I can freeze the top headings easily, hoever is it possible to freeze the data on the left in place so it cannot scroll horizontally or vertical while the rest of the sheet can?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back