Can't enable macros - HELP!! (2007)

andib

I've created a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) with Command Buttons (ActiveX controls). All is good while I'm working on the sheet.
However, if I save as an xlsm file and then reopen it later, it gives me the message:
Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled. To run macros, you need to reopen this workbook, and then choose to enable macros...

I have gone into the Trust Center Settings and enabled EVERYTHING, to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this and, if so, figured out how to resolve it?

Thanks so much!!!!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
at the tool bar you will see the security warning macros disabled click the options button then pick the enable this contents

Upvote 0
Click the Office button (top left) select Excel Options, tick Show Developer Tab on the Ribbon and click OK. Then on the Developer Tab click Macro Security and lower the security setting.

Upvote 0
That is where I went previously - these are my settings:
ActiveX Steeings: Enable all controls w/out restrictions...
Macro Settings: Enable all macros...

I even enabled all external content as I'm now grasping at straws...

Upvote 0
Can you open the VBA Editor?
Can you write a test macro to test if you have set Excel up correctly?
You may have set it up correctly and it is your macro that is bad?
Also, Active-X controls and Add-ins are activated in a different area of the Trust Center.

Try running:

Sub myTest()
MsgBox
End Sub

This should open a blank MsgBox if you have macros activated?

Check the info below, to make sure you did it right!

Excel 2007

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button
    default.aspx
    , and then click Excel Options.
  2. Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click Macro Settings.
  3. Click the options that you want:
    • Disable all macros without notification Click this option if you don't trust macros. All macros in documents and security alerts about macros are disabled. If there are documents with unsigned macros that you do trust, you can put those documents into a trusted location. Documents in trusted locations are allowed to run without being checked by the Trust Center security system.
    • Disable all macros with notification This is the default setting. Click this option if you want macros to be disabled, but you want to get security alerts if there are macros present. This way, you can choose when to enable those macros on a case by case basis.
    • Disable all macros except digitally signed macros This setting is the same as the Disable all macros with notification option, except that if the macro is digitally signed by a trusted publisher, the macro can run if you have already trusted the publisher. If you have not trusted the publisher, you are notified. That way, you can choose to enable those signed macros or trust the publisher. All unsigned macros are disabled without notification.
    • Enable all macros (not recommended, potentially dangerous code can run) Click this option to allow all macros to run. This setting makes your computer vulnerable to potentially malicious code and is not recommended.
    • Trust access to the VBA project object model This setting is for developers and is used to deliberately lock out or allow programmatic access to the VBA object model from any Automation client. In other words, it provides a security option for code that is written to automate an Office program and programmatically manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) environment and object model. This is a per user and per application setting, and denies access by default. This security option makes it more difficult for unauthorized programs to build "self-replicating" code that can harm end-user systems. For any Automation client to be able to access the VBA object model programmatically, the user running the code must explicitly grant access. To turn on access, select the check box.
Tip You can open the macro security settings dialog box from the Developer tab in the Ribbon, which is part of the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface. If the Developer tab is not available, click the Microsoft Office Button
default.aspx
, and then click Excel Options. Click Popular, and then select the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon check box.

Note: Your IT people may control access to Security settings or not alow some settings or changes, by your Overall profile or individual profile, through the general product security management settings! <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Upvote 0
As I have checked, and re-checked every setting, I believe that you may be right about my IT people controlling this.
I've opened a ticket with them.
Wish me luck!

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back