Excel in a web page...

bobmc

Board Regular
Here's a very general question for which I'm seeking a very general answer or direction to researchable material...

I'm developing a website that has a form to be filled out and submitted by users. Those receiving the submitted information want to be able to collect that information into Excel, and if the same user makes changes to the online form, they want to be able to track those changes in Excel. I know the form info can be imported (tab delimited, etc.) but is there a more direct or automatic way to collect form fields into Excel? Any advice on how to show changes a user might make in cell entries?

I know these questions require much more than specific answers. I'm just looking for direction toward material I can research.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi.
I'm not sure if this would work best for your case or not, but when running a web query, you can pick and choose certain parts of web pages to link to individual cells or ranges.
See Web Query
Have a Nice Day!
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back