Exclamation on excel icon

MicJag

Board Regular
good day, i have this exclamation sign on a excel icon, can someone please advise how i can fix whatever is wrong with the file please. its very anyoing lol soz spelling. becuase the file seems fine but im running a upload into SAP and sometimes when i save as to much over that file it does not work like it sould in SAP. help is much appreciated:confused::confused::confused:

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I would check the file extension. It is probably a .xlsm file (the new format, but the version that allows macros to be saved in the file). Its icon has an exclamation mark in the lower right hand corner but you can only open it with Excel 2007 (or with a converter).

Denis

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply, yes i have checked it is .xlsm extention and the macro is working fine but why would it have the exclamation...i dont know.

no need to worry:confused:

at least i can still do my work lol

Upvote 0
I don't know either but Microsoft have decided to differentiate files that can hold macros from those that can't. Still, it looks like an error message...

Denis

Upvote 0
dear sydneygeek,

thank you for explaining that the version of excel that contains an exclamation point in its icon is related to the file extension .xlsm.

i am working on a project in which i was unable to upload my excel files that contained the exclamation point in their icons but was able to upload those that didn't.

i have saved these files with an older file extension (.xls) and now am able to upload them.

thank you for cluing me in.

cheers,

elizabeth

Upvote 0
I think the exclamation is there to warn of the dangers of macros. Not sure, but it seems to make sense.

Upvote 0
That's possibly the logic, but the first time I saw it I couldn't work out if something was wrong or not...

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back