Help with logic formulas with array

davidfredc

Ok this is somewhat tough, I consider myself to be handy with Excel and can't figure it out.

I have one sheet with 3 columns: Product name, raw material name, weight of raw material.

So in the first column you have the product listed several times for every raw material, then the weight of that raw material. I want to create another sheet with all the products as the header for the columns, and the raw materials on the side...I've done this but now I need a formula to populate this matrix with the weight values that correspond to the product and raw material.

I've tried a bunch of different 'if' / 'and' statements using array formulas. Pls help.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Ok this is somewhat tough, I consider myself to be handy with Excel and can't figure it out.

I have one sheet with 3 columns: Product name, raw material name, weight of raw material.

So in the first column you have the product listed several times for every raw material, then the weight of that raw material. I want to create another sheet with all the products as the header for the columns, and the raw materials on the side...I've done this but now I need a formula to populate this matrix with the weight values that correspond to the product and raw material.

I've tried a bunch of different 'if' / 'and' statements using array formulas. Pls help.
Newbie here so...

Would a pivot table help?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board...

Here is a very basic example, both tables on the same sheet, but you should get the idea..
Personal.xls
ABCDEFGHI
1ProductRawMaterialWeightProduct1Product2Product3
2Product1A5A51525
3Product1B10B102030
4Product2A15
5Product2B20
6Product3A25
7Product3B30
Sheet1

Upvote 0
I would also recommend trying a pivot table, and seeing if that gives you what you want.

Using a pivot table, you can create (for example) a matrix with the products listed along the top and the materials listed along the side. The cells of the matrix would then show the weights for each product-material pair. You can also set up the table to include whatever summary information you want (for example, the total weight of all the materials for one product, and/or the total weight of a single material for all products).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back