Macro Button Colors for Excel 2007

lcolson

Board Regular
How do I edit or change the Macro Button Face color in Excel 2007. I had the capability in Office XP, but I cant find a way with 2007 yet. I can change the Font color, but not the button face color. Can someone help?

Thanks,
LC

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
How do I edit or change the Macro Button Face color in Excel 2007. I had the capability in Office XP, but I cant find a way with 2007 yet. I can change the Font color, but not the button face color. Can someone help?

Thanks,
LC
Can you explain just what you mean by 'the Macro Button'?

Upvote 0
I'm referring to the command button to run the macro. I have added it to my worksheet. It is grey. In Excel 2003 I could change the color of the button so it stands out more. With Excel 2007, I am only able to change the color of the font, not the color of the button itself.

I hope this helps,
Larry

Upvote 0
I'm referring to the command button to run the macro. I have added it to my worksheet.
From where? Form Controls? ActiveX Controls? Something else?

If ActiveX, then can you right click, choose 'Properties' and change the 'BackColor' property?

If not ActiveX, then what sort of button and how did you change the colour in Excel 2003?

Upvote 0
FORM CONTROL. I go to the Developer tab, then Insert, but my Active X buttons are not highlighted and I cannot access them for some reason in that worksheet.

Upvote 0
You didn't say how you coloured these Form Control Command Buttons in Excel 2003? Or were you using Control ToolBox Command Buttons then?

In Excel 2007, have a look here:
Office button|Excel options|Trust Center|Trust Center Settings|ActiveX Settings
Maybe you have 'Disable all...'?
Have a look in the built-in Help if you need more info about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back