GetPivotData

RET79

I have columns like this in my pivot table

Type Class Code Number Data
1 B YV 1 SumOfFundValue
2 B YV 1 SumOfFundValue

Now, I am using the GETPIVOTDATA() function on another spreadsheet to retrieve this data.
However, it does not like the Number category. I have tried it without this category and it works fine, but once I put the number category in, it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to mind the first column having numbers (the Type column in the above example) but, if you add another column to the pivot table, with it not being the first column, then for some strange reason it does not like reading off the numbers in the GETPIVOTDATA() function.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I have tried even changing the numbers to being text but even this doesnt seem to work.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
On 2002-03-30 09:41, RET79 wrote:
So, did anyone have any ideas about this question?

(Just asking!)

RET79

This no help, but yes I have run into the problems when I had keys such as numerical mutual fund numbers and numberical months. I experienced the same problems until I changed the format of the months into true dates. So in short I feel your pain. Maybe Mark W. can offer some of his extensive knowledge here?

Upvote 0
[/quote]

This no help, but yes I have run into the problems when I had keys such as numerical mutual fund numbers and numberical months. I experienced the same problems until I changed the format of the months into true dates. So in short I feel your pain. Maybe Mark W. can offer some of his extensive knowledge here?
[/quote]

No probs. I am glad you can share my pain, it's comforting to know others have had similar difficulties!

RET79

Upvote 0
Hi Ret
When you tried to change the number to text, did you just format them or did you put a ' in front ??
Regards Tommy

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-30 14:37, Tommy Bak wrote:
Hi Ret
When you tried to change the number to text, did you just format them or did you put a ' in front ??
Regards Tommy

I can't remember exactly, but, I don't think I could have managed to put a ' in front of all the numbers in my original file, since this would bugger up other forumlas which were dependent on these numbers.

RET79
This message was edited by RET79 on 2002-03-30 14:43

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back