dll's - for passwords

daveray

Can anyone help me with password protection of a sheet using VBE and dll's please?

I have searched the site but cannot find anything to help me. Excel passwords are too easy to defeat and I want to prevent the work being copied or passed on to a 3rd party.

Having spent hundreds of hours entering data I don't want it copied by someone who was too lazy to help me construct it. I will share the work with the people who contributed but it would be easy for someone in the office to pirate a copy and then distribute it as their own work.

If a coder can help me for a reasonable fee that i am willing to talk.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
hi--

yes i totally understand and agree with you, them that take eh! them not putting the time in to develop excel..

however the idea is to help not obstruct, so try to help if you can... OK back to you question

am reliably advised that this can be done by dll file in system reg... so you need systen reg file to open the xls file else it fails.

also the dll is a copy of your code or that s my iead so if coded edited then its not going to open...

i have never really solved this but your never stop someone copying stealing a xls file, but stop them editing you can im sure.

to do this dll files are C++ or VB scripts compliled into machine codes you know 0101000101001 all that stuff

i wanted a hiddedn script in vbe that checks for alterations.

remember you can pw moduels and stop save as.. but removing that option, suppose can make save as need a password to carry out that instruction..

have a think.. but try to help others even if like me they take libertys and annoy you.. they know not what they do...

Upvote 0
Hi daveray,

COM Addins would solve your problem easily which Jack mentioned above. We are creating this kind of special applications if you are interested. Changing your current works to this COM addins and also avoid reusing without some procedures or some other possible requests of yours.

Please visit us for more information
regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back