User Prompt VBA

G

Hey, I Was wondering how it would be possible to prompt the user throgh adding a number in each cell they have to, so basically a message box appears, asking for the data. a bit like a swithcboard on access, something which guides the user trhough the cells they have to put information into, so they dont have to work out which one to select. i have invistigated input function, but the value entered into a box doesn't actually enter into the spreadhseet? could someone explain to me how to do this? hope i made it clear!!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
One way to do it would be to select the cells you want the user to be able to input to and change the property on them to unlocked. Then use data validation to create a drop down list for each of those cells with the possible inputs. Then protect the worksheet and the user should be able to tab only to the unlocked cells, select an item from the drop down list in that cell, then tab to the next cell.

Hope this heads you in the right direction,

Rick

Upvote 0
Hi. I think you're looking for something like this:

Worksheets("Assumptions").Range("B7").Value = InputBox("How many bananas?, "[TITLE OF SCREEN]", "[DEFAULT VALUE")

This gives you a dialogue box, prompting for a number of bananas. Enter any number, which then is "entered" into cell B7 on the Worksheet titled "Assumptions".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back