please please say it isnt so!!!

Daniel Cremin

Board Regular
Does ne one know if MS Excel 2002 security features will work in MS Excel 2000 (you know where you can select what the user may do, such as selecting locked and unlocked cells). If i have set it so that unlocked cells cant be selected (until a macro allows it) will Excel 2000 allow the 2002 version file to open and run! im supposed to be testing it on a 2000 system tommorow and am getting really worried!

does ne one know? i mean the 2002 version gives an option that lets you save it as a workbook that can be recognised back betweeen 2002-95 (or so it says ne way) is this true in all cases - if i have applied features like the allow the user to select locked cells or dont allow the user to select locked cells will this mean it doesnt work in excel 2000!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
On 2002-03-31 16:40, Daniel Cremin wrote:
Does ne one know if MS Excel 2002 security features will work in MS Excel 2000 (you know where you can select what the user may do, such as selecting locked and unlocked cells). If i have set it so that unlocked cells cant be selected (until a macro allows it) will Excel 2000 allow the 2002 version file to open and run! im supposed to be testing it on a 2000 system tommorow and am getting really worried!

does ne one know? i mean the 2002 version gives an option that lets you save it as a workbook that can be recognised back betweeen 2002-95 (or so it says ne way) is this true in all cases - if i have applied features like the allow the user to select locked cells or dont allow the user to select locked cells will this mean it doesnt work in excel 2000!

If you mean;

ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells 'xlNoSelection

Then this feature is supported in excel 97/2000

Upvote 0
i havent used any of the new features of Excel 2002 such as the smart tages or formula watches (i think there new arent they?) so if i save it as an excel 2002-95 workbook it should probably work fine in Excel 2000 - he says in a very hopeful voice!

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-31 18:48, Daniel Cremin wrote:
i havent used any of the new features of Excel 2002 such as the smart tages or formula watches (i think there new arent they?) so if i save it as an excel 2002-95 workbook it should probably work fine in Excel 2000 - he says in a very hopeful voice!

If you have done the aboce then YES it should
work......

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back