Charting construction schedule

Calamity Jane

I need to produce a schedule chart for construction projects. The X axis would be a timeline. I want 2 'floating' bars for each project. There would be a design bar (starts at design start date and ends at design end date) as well as a construction bar (const. start date to end date). Y axis is Projects.

My data is arranged in 5 columns: Project Name, Design Start Date, Design End Date, Construction Start Date, Construction End Date.

Any ideas?:confused:
This message was edited by Calamity Jane on 2002-02-21 09:08

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I don't know how you are doing the visual effect, but if you are using conditional formatting, just create a condition that reflects an overlap of design and construction and use a color that reflects a combination of red and blue. If you use RGB=255,0,255, the result is pink! {g} Some darker shade of it (plum? purple?) might be more appropriate.

Calamity Jane said:
I have multiple construction projects and need to plot two sets of start and end dates for each. Project A might have these dates:

Design Start: March 2001
Design End: February 2002
Construction Start: December 2001
Construction End: June 2003

The design section would be a blue 'bar' and the construction section would be a red 'bar' for each project. As you can see for Project A, Design does not end before Construction begins. One solution would be to plot this on two rows for each project, but I know the bosses won't like that look, so I'm working on alternatives.

Don't use too much of your valuable time on this monster. I just thought maybe somebody had encountered this type of monster before.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back