Lookup value using search validation

d-alan

Board Regular
Formula needed?
1. I have a worksheet that is populated with invoicing information. (who, date, model, qty,$, etc…) called “saleslog” which is added to everyday.
2. Another sheet called “salesform” I would like to populate with information from “saleslog” .
3. “Salesform” is already set-up except for qty of each item ordered, who and date.
4. THE PROBLEM: In “saleslog” there are multiple rows for each order, representing each model ordered but they will have the same who and date, but on different dates they may have the same model.
5. I have set-up the “salesform” so it has the correct date and who but have not been able to fiqure out the formula to use to find qty to match model. As qty will always be within the same range as who and date.

How do I validate the vlookup so that it will search only the correct range of “saleslog”. Or is vlookup the correct function?
Any help or suggestion would be appreciate as this has taken up most of today trying different functions.
I will be doing this in vba, but would just like to get the formula working on the worksheet.
Thanks.
-D

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I gave in and used an autofilter to sort the data, copy to new sheet and then run vlookup.
It works fine, however It is slow, and since this information is coming off of a userform it is populating a row of "saleslog" then sorting by the criteria and then populating another row until all are done.
My new question
How do you have one macro finish before another starts? I think this would speed up the process.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back