Call function

John

I am using excel 97 and have used the call function extensively in my vba code. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this function is not available with later versions of excel. Since this workbook could be used with later versions I want to know if I need to change the call function, is there an easy way to do this. e.g I use:
call saveaqs, so will probably need to change it to Application.Run ("Saveaqs")
Unfortunately there are dozens of different macros called, a long job to find and change them all.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi John

Call is still valid in Excel 2000 and XP I have never heard the this is going to change.

If you do wish to change all occurences of "Call" to "Run" just use Edit>Replace for the entire Project.

Upvote 0
Thanks Dave

Its a relief to know I don't have to make any changes, I was concerned that when using run I needed to put the name in brackets, something I had not done with call. Hence the reason for not using replace.

Regards
John

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-01 21:09, John wrote:
I am using excel 97 and have used the call function extensively in my vba code. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this function is not available with later versions of excel. Since this workbook could be used with later versions I want to know if I need to change the call function, is there an easy way to do this. e.g I use:
call saveaqs, so will probably need to change it to Application.Run ("Saveaqs")
Unfortunately there are dozens of different macros called, a long job to find and change them all.

Thanks

Hi John
I think you may have been refering to the
Call worksheet function. This function is apparently disabled by the Microsoft Excel CALL patch. (xl97)

Upvote 0
Thanks Ivan.

Thought I'd read about call being disabled somewhere, fortunately not in vba.

Regards
John

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back