Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Call function

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using excel 97 and have used the call function extensively in my vba code. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this function is not available with later versions of excel. Since this workbook could be used with later versions I want to know if I need to change the call function, is there an easy way to do this. e.g I use:
    call saveaqs, so will probably need to change it to Application.Run ("Saveaqs")
    Unfortunately there are dozens of different macros called, a long job to find and change them all.

Thanks

Rest in Peace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John

Call is still valid in Excel 2000 and XP I have never heard the this is going to change.

If you do wish to change all occurences of "Call" to "Run" just use Edit>Replace for the entire Project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dave

Its a relief to know I don't have to make any changes, I was concerned that when using run I needed to put the name in brackets, something I had not done with call. Hence the reason for not using replace.

Regards
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-01 21:09, John wrote:
    I am using excel 97 and have used the call function extensively in my vba code. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this function is not available with later versions of excel. Since this workbook could be used with later versions I want to know if I need to change the call function, is there an easy way to do this. e.g I use:
    call saveaqs, so will probably need to change it to Application.Run ("Saveaqs")
    Unfortunately there are dozens of different macros called, a long job to find and change them all.

Thanks
    Hi John
    I think you may have been refering to the
    Call worksheet function. This function is apparently disabled by the Microsoft Excel CALL patch. (xl97)

Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ivan.

Thought I'd read about call being disabled somewhere, fortunately not in vba.

Regards
    John

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others