multiple worksheets consolidated report

stargazer

I would appreciate learning how to construct a formula or function that would allow me to create, on a summary worksheet, a SUM total of cell entries on 40 plus worksheets in the same workbook, which entries are all in identical positions on the sheets. So I'd like to retrieve and SUM, for example, all 40 cell B24s, into a cell on the summary sheet. The need arises since the 40 worksheets were originals produced without the now needed category as part of the summary sheet. I'd like to avoid having to do the tedious job of creating a new report column of all the needed data, by going back and forth, summary to individual sheets to create cell reference formulas. Thanks in advance for advice.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
See the Excel Help topic for "Refer to the same cell or range on multiple sheets by using a 3-D reference".

Upvote 0
If you can change little of your logic for what you are doing I think you can change lot of your time and energy.

I had one question from friend like you and i have suggest him to use autofilter and then link the last cell to give you the results.

Here you can even avoid using number of workseets... i think you can just use one main worksheet as data and then get customise reports.

goto my site http://www.pexcel.com/guestdownload.htm

here you can download file 'Daily Total'

this is for some fire station.

if you have any difficulty write back to me

ni****h desai
nisht@pexcel.com
http://www.pexcel.com

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. My worksheets, each pertaining to an individual employee, have quite a lot of data, with 12 or so different kinds of information on them, so don't seem to be small enough to have several on one sheet. But I'm happy to try other structures, since I am sure there are more efficient ways to do what I am trying to do. I am no expert at Excel, though definitely want to learn more. Regards, Bob

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back