Can you insert a symbol in Excel?

LoriD

Board Regular
I need to insert a check-mark on a spreadsheet. (Often) Right now, I open Word, insert my check-mark, copy it and paste it in Excel. I then change the font to whatever the symbol was. Is there an easier way to do this?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Or...type either a small "m" or a small "n" and change the font to KeyPics (that's the symbol font that comes right after "Kabel Ult BT".

Upvote 0
Hi can i sugge wingdings as a font theres wingdings 1 & 2 & 3 noramall im sure more loads o symbols, size as needed.

HTH

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-02 14:58, jsheehan wrote:
Jack,

Didn't you just blatently copy what the last poster said?

Hi

Why would i do that?? no point.. i cant tell if people post after i have accessed a post no one can.. it takes me tim eto read my education is poor and all be it in English, my english is terrible as your se from my posts, i have 3 MrExcel pages open so i act on each so some time the data might need refresh which i keep off by choose. So yes sometimes im not the FASTEST poster but does this matter?

All help ment in the good is the aim and what counts, or do i have this wrong...

Ive nothing to prove bar improve my skills and english would help.

PLEASE can i requested a help.. you post API call to get List of ODBC DSNs in Germany or noty english i have ask for translation, you post here in English, i wuld like the oppertunity to help if i could..

Many thanks...

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-02 15:23, Jack in the UK wrote:
On 2002-04-02 14:58, jsheehan wrote:
Jack,

Didn't you just blatently copy what the last poster said?

Hi

Why would i do that?? no point.. i cant tell if people post after i have accessed a post no one can.. it takes me tim eto read my education is poor and all be it in English, my english is terrible as your se from my posts, i have 3 MrExcel pages open so i act on each so some time the data might need refresh which i keep off by choose. So yes sometimes im not the FASTEST poster but does this matter?

All help ment in the good is the aim and what counts, or do i have this wrong...

Ive nothing to prove bar improve my skills and english would help.

PLEASE can i requested a help.. you post API call to get List of ODBC DSNs in Germany or noty english i have ask for translation, you post here in English, i wuld like the oppertunity to help if i could..

Many thanks...

Hi Jack,

I just scanned a list of your posts. Although your writing isn't stellar, in general your ideas and posts have much that is informative and helpful to people.

When I need to, I take the time to analyze what you are trying to say and it always shows a high level of knowledge. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

In a recent post (can't remember the exact one), you linked to another post of yours where you presented code. You had a few disclaimers about how you usually don't post code because some guru will trash your work. It really doesn't seem to be the case with the regulars here, so I would encourage you to share whatever you've got.

I personally don't mind one bit when I post and it gets junked in favor of something better. If I have a better way, I try to post it. If somebody else has a better way, I try to incorporate whatever I've learned into the next project.

To jsheehan,

This board is almost instantaneous, so your point is noted, but remember that occasionally someone reads a post and goes away to solve the problem. That takes time to work out fully and the reply might follow numerous others saying the same thing. It's just the way it goes in public forums.

Regards,
Jay

Upvote 0
To jsheehan,

This board is almost instantaneous, so your point is noted, but remember that occasionally someone reads a post and goes away to solve the problem. That takes time to work out fully and the reply might follow numerous others saying the same thing. It's just the way it goes in public forums.

Regards,
Jay

[/quote]

Jay...thanks for supporting Jack...I agree
with you...I'm sure Jack did not do this
on purpose ...why would he. I have been
caught out doing the same in that I usually
have a few windows open on this site and
others so that you may end up posting over someone else.

Jack post code if you have any....don't think
any one here will rubbish it, certainly not
me...I don't know enought to rubbish your code
any way....

Upvote 0
Hi Jack,

I guess you can see by the support your
getting, who cares what others think, belive
me it's not easy answering questions and even
worse, to get trashed after you try...to help
and when Ivan backs your play that's the best
you can get

Keep posting Brother!

Jim

Upvote 0
I too have found that by the time I post someone may have posted the same formula as I did. As Jack does, I work on many things at the same time. Its bound to look like a copy some time. Lets not be mean in a helping environment! JSW

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back