activex combo box on excel sheet

davers5

If I view the forms toolbar and pick a combobox and put it on a worksheet, how do I find it's name? Also, does it show up somewhere in the VB Editor environment? Can I set properties for it?

Dave

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I'm not sure what you want to know.

If you put a combobox in your spreadsheet, rick-click on it and you'll see "Format Control" on the pop-up menu.

Select it, and head to the Control tab, where you'll see the various controls for this box. For example, you may want someone to choose from one of 50 states; write the 50 states down a column, and then when you set up your combobox, you'll set the input range to pick up the range that contains the states; now, when someone clicks on the combobox, they can select one of the states when it pulls down.

There are other fun things you can do with comboboxes, but let me know if this is in the direction of info you needed to begin with.

Upvote 0
Hi Dave

If the ComboBox is from the Forms toolbar it's not an ActiveX control (Control toolbar is). To see the name though, just select it and look in the "Name Box" (left of formula bar). You can also rename it here,

Microsoft Excel/VBA Training
OzGrid.BusApp.170x45.gif

This message was edited by Dave Hawley on 2002-04-02 20:40

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I'm beginning to understand this better. But I don't understand what the difference is between the controls on the forms toolbar and the ones on the controls toolbar. How are these different from what you'd put on a userform? Do they still support the same properties and methods as a combobox on a userform?

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KH Consulting

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back