Printing while a userform is active

T

I have a userform which acts as an interface for database information contained in Sheet 1.

On the userform I have a Print button which copies the currently displayed record to a Print Template in Sheet 3 and brings up the standard Print Preview screen

I want the user to be able to print off the sheet and then return to the userform.

Since the user form is open the Excel Print Preview buttons are disabled. How can I enable the options on Print Preview to work and allow printing and then return control back to the user form?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. t.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi T

The easiest way would be to have Excel 2000 then you can set the ShowModal Property to False at Design-time. Then the user could shift focus back to Excel just by clicking.

The other option you have is:

1. Use Me.Hide before doing the print-set-up then have a button that would re-show the UserForm, ie Userform1.Show This could be done by assigning your UserForm.Show code to a Shortcut key and displaying a simple message telling them the keys to show the form again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back