Insert same name range on different workwheets

LoriD

Board Regular
I have had this question answered before on the old message board, but I can't seem to get through the archives without getting an illegal message error and I can't rermember how to do this.
I have a workbook with a sheet for each day of the week. I need to use the same name range on each page of the workook. How can I do this?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
On 2002-04-03 03:18, LoriD wrote:
I have had this question answered before on the old message board, but I can't seem to get through the archives without getting an illegal message error and I can't rermember how to do this.
I have a workbook with a sheet for each day of the week. I need to use the same name range on each page of the workook. How can I do this?

Select your range
In the Name drop down list type in the name for this range.

Upvote 0
It's not working. Each time I go to one of the other spreadsheets and try to go to the range, it keeps bringing me back to the range in the Monday page.

Upvote 0
You wrote.

On 2002-04-03 03:18, LoriD wrote:

And

On 2002-04-03 05:04, LoriD wrote:
It's not working. Each time I go to one of the other spreadsheets and try to go to the range, it keeps bringing me back to the range in the Monday page.

1) you can't have two ranges with the same name. (well you can, Excel just won't see both)
Naming a range references the Range NOT necessarily the sheet it's on.

2) the only reason I can think of wanting use the same Named Range is you want the same list, is this NOT what you need?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back