HELP ME QUICK OR I'LL DIE

willlobb

Board Regular
OK....

1) I have an excel file that records names and grades of a number of students in a class.
I want to find a way that I can, via a userform, input the grades of each person... I figured the best way would be to run a search on the userform then change the grade of the result.
Problems with this include 'what happens if I get more than one result from my search?'
to input the grade, rather than having to do absolute cell references for each person, I wanted a way to go 'down right right' when only one result was found' and input the grade via that.
Hope that makes sense....

2) How do I make it so that when i begin to type a word in a userform, the word will be finished by an entry in my list?

eg. I write "Ad" and the word is finished off to "Adam" but if i carry on writing and go to "Adr" it finishes to the word "Adrian". Please bear in mind I have 300 entries in my list.

Thanks a lot.
This message was edited by willlobb on 2002-04-03 04:12
This message was edited by willlobb on 2002-04-03 04:19
This message was edited by willlobb on 2002-04-03 04:43

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi
I do not understand???
Sorry...
Please explain more throughly...
Tom

Upvote 0
I know it's long winded but as regards the auto-complete on the names part, if you make this box a combobox with all the names in, then change the style of it to 2-DropDownList then when you start typing the name it will auto-complete the name for you

Whew, that was a long sentence. I nearly ran out of breath...

Upvote 0
OK....

1) I have an excel file that records names and grades of a number of students in a class.
Right... I want to run a search via a userform. I know how to do that. But once I get a result, i want to change the grade of the result. (the search result will appear underneath cell A6). Problem is, when i run a search, Excel shows one result of the search, but it is still its own cell reference. (ie. the results appears under cell A6 but it will still be called A37 or whatever) Because of this I cannot use an absolute cell reference, or the offset command.
Basically I want to change the grade (the grade will be 2 cells right of the name) of the search result. I want to do this all on a userform with a combobox which displays the grades that can be achieved. So...
i want to change the grades of each individual entry on a userform (be it one by one or all at once) using a combobox. But I dont want to do a really really long macro.
The bit at the start of this question.. (before i wrote "So...") is what I think would be the easiest solution, But feel free to give me a new solution.

2) How do I make it so that when i begin to type a word in a userform textbox, the word will be finished by an entry in my list?

eg. I write "Ad" and the word is finished off to "Adam" but if i carry on writing and go to "Adr" it finishes to the word "Adrian". Please bear in mind I have 300 entries in my list.

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
Oh, hold on...
What if a new pupil is added to the database?
Is there a way to automatically put them into the combobox... or make the combobox relative to a column with all the entries i want in the combobox in it?

Upvote 0
To add a name, it's only one line of code you have to put in:

combobox1.additem = "Name"

It doesnt take a sec to add it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back