Is it possible?

MattB

Board Regular
Hi all

I have a s/sheet which gives me the product structure (Bill of Material) for numerous parent codes.
Column A shows Parent Code, B shows part code, C shows part description, D - part cost, E - Qty, F - Extended Cost.
Now having downloaded and FTP'd from the MRP system I then used Data>Subtotals to split all parents and give me a total underneath ext'd cost.
Great, but a few part codes have zero costs, so having sorted by ext'd cost the zeros sit at the bottom end of the structure.
Now all I need to do is flag them somehow so it is apparent that the cost is incomplete.
Is it possible to run a code or do anything else that will highlight the complete Row if the figure in column D is zero?
Sorry if that was a little longwinded!!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
On 2002-04-03 05:52, MattB wrote:
Hi all

I have a s/sheet which gives me the product structure (Bill of Material) for numerous parent codes.
Column A shows Parent Code, B shows part code, C shows part description, D - part cost, E - Qty, F - Extended Cost.
Now having downloaded and FTP'd from the MRP system I then used Data>Subtotals to split all parents and give me a total underneath ext'd cost.
Great, but a few part codes have zero costs, so having sorted by ext'd cost the zeros sit at the bottom end of the structure.
Now all I need to do is flag them somehow so it is apparent that the cost is incomplete.
Is it possible to run a code or do anything else that will highlight the complete Row if the figure in column D is zero?
Sorry if that was a little longwinded!!

You could use Conditional Formating under the Format Menu.

if you data starts in row 1 highlight the whole area (Important! highlight top left to bottom right).

Open the Conditional Formating and change the Cell Value Is to Formula is and put:

=AND($D1=0,LEN($D1)>0)

it's important to use the $ as they are.

Click the Format button a select how you'd like it.

any probs let me know.

Upvote 0
Splendid!
Thanks - I knew how to highlight selected cells using cond.format. but not the whole row.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back