"Random" Excel VBA Errors

Gives

Board Regular
I have an Excel VBA workbook that has been distributed to many users. Some users are working with it without any difficulty. Other users ( a very small percentage) are receiving "Code Execution has been interrupted" errors. Using the debug feature the errors appear to be random with the program stopping on End Sub and End Function lines of code as well as other code lines. Single stepping through the code using F8 does not generate errors. The users having problems have the same Excel version and service pack as the users not having problems. Any tips on what could be causing the errors or where I should look?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
A few of my co-workers had the same exact thing happen to them. It's happened to about 5 of my users within the past year ... the first time, the box was popping up every few minutes, the later users every so often.

The "Code Excecution has been interrupted" window would pop up, but since there was no error, they could press the "Continue" button, and continue on... until the next time it popped up. It was if somehow CTRL+BREAK was being pressed by a gremlin inside the computer.

I could not find any rhyme or reason to why this was popping up.

Not sure why, but after several reboots, the problem went away. Whether there was a correlation to the reboots, I do not know.

Upvote 0
Mine will have some form of Adobe Reader installed, as well as a PDF print driver. But I don't think they have the full Acrobat product.

Upvote 0
I have had this exact problem on Excel 2010. So this thread has saved my sanity. File -> options -> manage add ins dropdown -> COM add ins -> Adobe Pro -> uncheck -> problem solved.
Thank you so much Silkfire - I would simply never have thought it could be Adobe related.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back