Conditional Formating more than 3 items

Ruth

I am creating a Gantt chart that has the following columns: Resource, Task, Start Date, Final Date. I am trying to have the "bars" of the date range to change colors depending on the Resource. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
HI --

Your need VBA for that oner i have some 25 conditions in one sheets to colour rows subject to A B C D E etc.. can email tommorow as no email at home, any good

your need to edit the code its easy enough you see peoples name just change ...

HTH
Rdgs
==========
Jack

Chris D if you read this please enmail me and tell me to take my code VBA home and tell me to set up a hotmail account, so i can help a few guys.. cheers mate.

Upvote 0
Chris D if you read this please enmail me and tell me to take my code VBA home and tell me to set up a hotmail account, so i can help a few guys.. cheers mate.

Jack : yeppers....done !

Ruth, I use a Gannt chart at work, alas, am now at home. However : the gannt chart uses its 3 conditional formats to make the bars depending on >=start date /<=end date / inbetween, if you wanted it to also take into account, say, 5 projects, that would be 15 conditions, a no-no : if however, you used each condition in conjunction with an AND on the first project, you could produce a chart for that project in it's own colour. Repeat this in another chart with an AND for the 2nd project and you get another chart in a different colour.... repeat for all projects. Now you have 5 or 6 or 7 seperate gannt charts : but, if they are all identical, you can snapshot them and pop them ontop of the first so they all show : ie 5 layers all on top of each other, all with different coloured bars. If this sounds useful, pop your email details in your reply and I'll send through an example tommorrow from work. A quick test on green, red and blue bars works fine

Mr Excel : is there any scope for being able to post images here or maybe a small server area where we can lodge examples temporarily ? I'd even pay a small fee for this facility :biggrin:

Anyhow, hope this helps
Chris
:)
This message was edited by Chris Davison on 2002-02-21 14:08

Upvote 0
Chris

Good man i really must get email at home this is getting silly..

Cheers Mate

Rdgs
========
Jack 2 am knock of i guess?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back