Need some Expertise! Did I come to the right place?

charlie79

Board Regular
Here's the situation. I have three seperate excel apps (xl2k). Each app is very similar to the other, especially when comparing the vba code behind the scenes. These three apps will be administered by one or more persons, and that's were my question lies. I would like to have one workbook that contains the sheet (there is only one) from all three apps, as well as having an additional sheet for administrative duties. I don't want to copy these sheets into a new workbook, as there will probably be many updates incurred on the three apps from time to time. Ideally, I want something like in Access, were you can link to a table from another db, only in this case, it would be linking to a sheet in another excel workbook.
Ideas anyone?

Sorry, after reading the original post I would like to clarify something. When I say "There is only one" from all three apps, I mean, there is only one sheet in each app and I would like to include each one in the administrative workbook.
This message was edited by charlie79 on 2002-04-03 10:26

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Seemed like the best solution at the time. But, upon investigation I found that Binder does not handle macros/vba very well. I seem to be getting some runtime errors that I wasn't gettting when running from xl. Any other suggestions??

Upvote 0
Hi

Still go with Binder but VBA is EXCEL only, word has word basic...

Binder has own VBA as such a little different... run time is just some part of the code it dont like debug to find the line effected and post might be simple amendment

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back