Weird One For U

brettvba

MrExcel MVP
Have a problem on one workbook when I have had a macro button on a worksheet and deleted it, now when ever i protect the sheet the had comes up over the whole screen and trys to run nothing cause its not there bringing up the debug screen, only happens when you remove a button from a sheet , no code is present at all even in the sheets!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Yeah I know the problem seems to only happen when I have had a Macro Button on the Sheet after I have removed it and when I Protect that sheet I get the little hand over the whole sheet till i Unprotect the sheet again probably just some random bug with excel I'd say?

Upvote 0
Hi there brettvba
Oh boy, do I know what you are going through. This sounds like a problem I had some time ago that frustrated the hell out of me. I think you will find that at some stage you have copied multiple buttons, possibly accidentally, by dragging, copying and pasting or whatever. Sometimes doing this can result in many buttons on top of each other. This isn't obvious until you drag a button to some other position only to find another, or in my case 15, other buttons underneath.
It gets worse if you have deleted or squashed up columns/rows the buttons can be almost invisible.
The best way to deal with this is to go to Edit,GoTo,Special...,Objects. This selects all the objects on your sheet. Sometimes you can now see where they are, drag them out and delete them individually. If not, just press Delete to get rid of them all. You will have to make new macro buttons etc to replace the ones you actually needed and reassign the macros to them.
Hope this solves your problem.
Regards
Derek

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back