Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weird One For U

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a problem on one workbook when I have had a macro button on a worksheet and deleted it, now when ever i protect the sheet the had comes up over the whole screen and trys to run nothing cause its not there bringing up the debug screen, only happens when you remove a button from a sheet , no code is present at all even in the sheets!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite following the description or question here. Could you try to explain it more?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know the problem seems to only happen when I have had a Macro Button on the Sheet after I have removed it and when I Protect that sheet I get the little hand over the whole sheet till i Unprotect the sheet again probably just some random bug with excel I'd say?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there brettvba
    Oh boy, do I know what you are going through. This sounds like a problem I had some time ago that frustrated the hell out of me. I think you will find that at some stage you have copied multiple buttons, possibly accidentally, by dragging, copying and pasting or whatever. Sometimes doing this can result in many buttons on top of each other. This isn't obvious until you drag a button to some other position only to find another, or in my case 15, other buttons underneath.
    It gets worse if you have deleted or squashed up columns/rows the buttons can be almost invisible.
    The best way to deal with this is to go to Edit,GoTo,Special...,Objects. This selects all the objects on your sheet. Sometimes you can now see where they are, drag them out and delete them individually. If not, just press Delete to get rid of them all. You will have to make new macro buttons etc to replace the ones you actually needed and reassign the macros to them.
    Hope this solves your problem.
    Regards
    Derek

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others