not enough system resources to display completely.

d-alan

Board Regular
I receive this error when I open one of my userforms but only happens on this one form:
"not enough system resources to display completely."
Any idea of what is going wrong.
Thanks in Advance
-D

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
HI

I guess Win95 or (* ??? If so cold boot that means shut down and re boot after 2 mins of being switched off, ad run see if works, if so resources are down, these windows are good at doing this, and no real fix bar more memory buit over 128MB and Win performance drops off, all silly really

let me know for more ideas..

Upvote 0
Thanks Jack,
Cold boot works fine, I forgot to add that the error does not generally start at start-up it is after I have been using it for awhile. I will now start tracking to see if it is a certain number of times or what brings it on. But still it has only happened with one of the userforms, and when it does I can bring up another form and will not generate the error. Weird-I say.

Just for a little more info about the program that is causing this error. I have
13 Userforms and the Excel file is only 1mb. It is however swapping info from upto 5 workbooks, but the total folder size is only 2.5mb.
I was curious if I wasn't clearing some info out of memory correctly.

I am using win ME, I've heard i really should change that and upgrade.

Thanks Again.

Upvote 0
Good stuff im pleased.

I was curious if I wasn't clearing some info out of memory correctly.

No windows at this leave is a dreadful opperating system... VBA kills it, the management of memory resources is missing not like NT4 and above so it will happen some time when you run VBA, its called dirty memory in the business, and will always get you sooner tan later.. COLD BOOT kills memory even virus retards, util loaded again..... then all over again.. cant win.

FIX... close all apps bar excel.. and if networked and Virus checker running forget it you kill it everytime.. poss few runs then .. problems... no fix the way the OP was coded... BADLY

Ugrade.. since you ask..

XP is new and good from what i hear but few bad sides.. BSOD and all can cause agro as wont BSOD>>>> cheerful and few bits.. caution XP DEMANDS NEW Drivers to all hardware so UG can ruin a perfectly good system and no way to get it back.. Win2K is NT based like XP but a little friendlier... i use all these and XP has the bells a whistles but depends on your PC spec, if new PC XP ie 6 moths or less but then should be XP or very least Winy2k?? So guess you PII so bets Win2k to save the drivers issues agro... BE CAREFUL and check it all out first..

XP require registering on line within 30 days also //////

more info let me know...

Upvote 0
Do not know if it really matters but I have fiqured out what is triggering the error.

When I run the userform from the vba editor.
It takes about 10 activations for this to occur from what I can tell.

Upvote 0
OK good news glad your happy, no real fix on that OP afraid.. suggest when need UG to NT technologies ie NT4 no longer but Win2000 also needs new drivers atc...

good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back