Unbound :-? Drop Down List Box?

Valencia

Okay -- this is my third attempt at this post. So, please forgive me if one of the former actually made it and I just didn't see it.

Hello, All.

I am building a rather simple spreadsheet and would like to use a drop down list box with fixed data in it (not connected/cross-referenced/pivoted with any other cell within this or any other spreadsheet).

I am using Excel 97. The problem I am having is: according to the MS main website, when I go to Design Mode, I will not get a Control Wizard (the little wand) to help me to build the drop down list box, because I am only working in one worksheet/not linking up data with other sheets, etc. :confused: As a result, I am really lost with the VB code and such.

Here is an example of what I'd like to do:

Column E is named "Property"
Cell E3 has "Multifamily" typed in it.
I wish to put a drop down box in that same cell so that the user can click on it and see the following information:

Date of Purchase
Average Rent Balance
Cycle of Financials Due

-or-

03/02/02
$750
Annually

I don't even know if you can have a list box in a cell where there is text already typed.

I just saw a post where someone said that they built their drop down list box using FORMS instead of the Combo Box feature in Design Mode. Not that I know how to do that either, but perhaps this is a better way of doing it?

Thanks so much for your help. :)

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back