Mail Merge (??)

cla

I need to do something similar to what is called a "mail merge" in Word, but in Excel. I have a form in Excel and I want to be able to add information from another data source (also an Excel file). For example, the form I need to fill in has cells such as Name, ID #, Date of Birth, etc, and the data source is a list of members with this information in an excel file.

I tried pasting the form into Word, but it was too large and I couldn't reduce it to fit the page. I also tried creating a chart in Word, but not all of the values came out. Any ideas? I asked earlier, but the suggestions were too complex. Are there any simple solutions?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
If you only have a few items a vlookup would work... If more than that I would have to gove it some thought.

Upvote 0
Would it be too much work to setup the vlookups for wach entry - and then manually select them for the print out ?

Or, so you want complete automation like a maile merge ?

Upvote 0
Mail merge would be easiest, but if that is not possible, VLOOKUP would work. Problem is, I've never used it before and have no idea how to set it up.

Upvote 0
nope, I'm sure what I want is Mail Merge, but I'll take VLookup--a little more manual than I had expected, but will work ok.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back