How to hide "#DIV/0!" error...

ryan987

Building a spreadsheet that has daily updates.....

I have it doing all the calculations i want - and even some great cell coloring via 'conditional formatting' - thanks to the help i've found on this site.

Since i have daily updates, i've copied the formulas from several columns down.... so needless to say, since there are no numbers to calculate, i have a spreadsheet full of "#DIV/0!"....

How do i 'hide' that error and have it magically disappear when i enter the numbers for the day?

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
It helps to post the formula with which gives you this error. I may be able to help as I have had this happen a few times last week and figured it out.

Upvote 0
Best way to "hide" the error is to not let it occur. If this formula:

=A1/B1

..caused an error because B1 was blank, then this version makes sure there is a value there before attempting that calc:

=IF(B1=0,0,A1/B1)
...or
=IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1)

Upvote 0
It helps to post the formula with which gives you this error. I may be able to help as I have had this happen a few times last week and figured it out.

ok, cells B,C, D, E are the ones that get updated daily.... Cell F and G's formulas are:
F= E10/B10 and G=Sum(F5:F10)/5 .....there's more but if i could just get one or 2 fixed, i'll be able to figure out the rest of the columns.

thanks again for everyone's help!!!

Upvote 0
The formula suggestions in post #4 and #5 directly relate to your sample. Use one of them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back