Chart not displaying low values

klb

I am working on a bar chart with values ranging from 0 to 500. There are no negative values in my data set. The values are displayed on the chart at the outside end of the bar.

When printing the charts, sometimes (but not always) if the value is between 0 and 1, it will print to the left of the category axis instead of to the right. This also happens (again sometimes) when viewing the chart on the screen. When I try to manually move the very low values to the right, when it prints, the value is moved further to the left. (If I move it to the left, it stays to the left so that is not a solution.) Sometimes, it appears correctly on the screen and print preview but not when the chart actually prints.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Is there some magical hidden setting in Excel 97 that I have been unable to locate?

This chart will be distributed, via email to a variety of people within our organization with varying levels of skill with Excel. I would like to be able to have individuals view and/or print the chart that they need without having to make adjustments to it.
This message was edited by klb on 2002-04-04 05:17

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back