SUM Range more than one column - SUMIF

shemayisroel

Hi,

How would I SUM all the results from results 1-5 if say ITEM in column A = C?

SUMIF wont work as it only sums the first column...

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><COLGROUP><COL style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"><COL style="WIDTH: 69px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD>ITEM</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">RESULT 1</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">RESULT 2</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">RESULT 3</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">RESULT 4</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">RESULT 5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD>A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">77</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD>B</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">10</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD>C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">77</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD>A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">10</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">10</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">33</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD>A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">33</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD>B</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">33</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">8</TD><TD>C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">9</TD><TD>C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">5</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; TEXT-ALIGN: center">10</TD><TD>B</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Try...

=SUM(IF(A2:A10="C",B2:F10))

...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Upvote 0
try

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="A")*B2:F10)

or

=SUM(IF(A2:A10="A",B2:F10))

with CSE

Upvote 0
Try...

=SUM(IF(A2:A10="C",B2:F10))

...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Of course - thank you.

Excuse my brain freeze. I guess I was trying to tackle it with a sledge hammer when a simple tap with a hammer did the trick.

Thanks

And BTW, your website is GREAT. Really handy and easy to uderstand solutions. Well done.

Upvote 0
Thanks sanrv1f & #NAME?

My bad habit with SUMPRODUCT of using , at the end rather than *

Thanks for the reminder and solution

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to sum multiple coloumns with multiple conditions? Should I use sumif or sumproduct function?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to sum multiple coloumns with multiple conditions? Should I use sumif or sumproduct function?

It really depends on your actual requirements. I'm on my way out, so I would suggest that you start a new thread and provide an example of the data, describe what you'd like to do, and provide the actual results based on your sample data.

Upvote 0
It really depends on your actual requirements. I'm on my way out, so I would suggest that you start a new thread and provide an example of the data, describe what you'd like to do, and provide the actual results based on your sample data.

I Tried that array sum if formula, however it keeps generating " excel running out of resources, formula cant be calculated" error message!
my pc has 16 GB ram and I7 processor, shouldn't be an issue to do a simple sum if I guess.

what am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back