Newbie desperate for Timesheet help

JMo

Hello to all, and I'm glad I googled into this site!

I'm very much an Excel newbie, and I've been charged with creating a timesheet for our employees. I'm not even sure where to start!! I've searched this site and seen several posts with specific questions related to timesheets, but I was hoping someone could point me in a more general direction...a good tutorial or resource? Something like that? I'm sweating it over here!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Hope I'm replying correctly....

The timesheet would include these columns:

Time in
Time taken for lunch (e.g., 1 hour)
Time out
Flex time used
Overtime worked
Leave taken

So, it would be:
Time out-Time in, less the time taken for lunch, plus any Flex hours used/overtime worked/leave taken to give a daily total.

I'm struggling with the formatting, as well as the actual calculations.

Hope this makes things clearer. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
Try doing a search on this website and put Timesheet in the search criteria box. It returns a lot of previous posts on this issue.

sc

Upvote 0
I have searched the site, and read the resulting posts...most of them are either more specific, different issues, or more advanced than what I need. Thanks, though.

As for the link, it was very helpful, but there's one issue: I have been told that my employer does not want the employees to have to enter "military" time. If they could use military time, I could figure out the calculations...simple math. But, they want the employees to enter "regular" time.

Again, thanks for all your (speedy) help!

This message was edited by JMo on 2002-04-04 11:05

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-04 11:03, JMo wrote:
As for the link, it was very helpful, but there's one issue: I have been told that my employer does not want the employees to have to enter "military" time. If they could use military time, I could figure out the calculations...simple math. But, they want the employees to enter "regular" time.

Hi Julia!

I made a little timesheet for myself using the code from that link. I just formatted the cells to display "regular" time (for example, I enter 7:30 into the cell)

The only thing with that is that you have to make sure the times display the correct time of day (AM or PM). Sometimes, it shows what I want, other times, it automatically will say 4:15 am, for example.

Hope this helps,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back