Custom Reports

kojak43

I have searched all Mr Excel for tips and archives and have been unable to find a step by step tutorial on how to create a custom report.
Anyone have any direction about this?

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi Kojak,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a report. Perhaps this will help: there are two report features built-in to Excel, one for reporting Pivot table and Pivot chart results, and another for worksheets and scenarios. This latter one is called Report Manager, and if you search for this title in the Excel helps you will find a reasonably good explanation of how to use it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I went to Excel. ('97) Help and searched for Report Manager. And yes there are instructions.
The instructions read, goto-Menu>View>Report Manager.
There is no Reports Manager under my View.

However I do have Menu>Accounting>Report Wizard. But when I click on that I get an error message saying I do not have a file named veenlr3.hlp.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks
K

Upvote 0
Go to Tools, AddIns... scroll down and be sure Report Manager is checked. If it is, you should be able to bring up the Report Manager box as you stated (View, Report Mananger...).

Upvote 0
There is no checkbox nor the words Report Manager in Menu>Tools>AddIns in my copy of Excel.
Maybe it is an orphan. At least I am beginning to feel like a motherless child.

Upvote 0
Hi again Kojak,

Yes, I've had that feeling too. I looks like you have a very limited install of Excel. You will need to go back to the Excel or Office installation and add the Report Manager via a custom install. If for some reason you can't do this, post your email address and one of us will email it to you. It is a .xla file that must be put into your Add-Ins or Library folder. The custom install is the best way though, since you may then pick up other things you are missing as well.

Damon

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll go to IT and ask that they do this.
I have Excel 2000 at home, and was able to do all the things you recommended yesterday.
Now I just have to have the office application match what I can do at home.
Again, my thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back