Can Excel do this?

JoeMcVoy

I tried to cut and paste a list of numbers and names from a Overture search (under placing an ad and doing it yourself, they have a tool that tells you how many searches they had the prior month on that and related terms) When I cut and paste into Excel 97 it looks weird - each line takes up more than one row, links are hyperlinks, etc Excel will not add up the numbers in the column either. What I want to do is get the list into 2 columns so I can sort, add up, etc. Can this be done ir is the format I copied from Overture make it impossible?

Thanks!

Joe

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Instead of pasting into excel, use the Paste Special command and select Text as the
format. This will put the number of hits and the search term all into one cell.

To get the number and the search terms into different cells, use Data/Text to Columns.

HTH

Upvote 0
Tim Francis-Wright! Where have you been my friend? You answered some tricky questions for me a long time ago on the old board. It's good to see your name again.

Regards,

A friend, Dan - who was known as something else on the old board but I'm now using my own tag.

Upvote 0
dk Dan -- keep going stranger, mums the word!

back in the day i used to drink in the tankard! and others the chaplin... and use to post anno.. as i felt back some 18 months no one was intrest in what i had to say...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back