Not so picture perfect

Lukas

I am a newby at this, actually I am a frustrated newby. I just can’t get a handle on this comment problem.
I have a folder (Pictures) that contains numerous jpeg images. All the images are sequentially numbered; let’s say 1 through 58. I want to attach these pictures as comments on a worksheet. Specifically in column F. The cells in column F are number coded such as 1,7,8,7,7,5,3, etc in F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7 etc respectively. Only those cells containing the number 7 need a picture from the picture folder as a comment. So that picture 1 would be in cell F2, picture 2 would be in F4, picture 3 would be in F5 and so on until all the pictures are posted as comments to the available “7 cells” in the spreadsheet. Is there a loop sequence that would grab each picture from the picture folder in turn and place them sequentially as a comment in the appropriate “7cell” of column F on the worksheet? Also can the comment box be resized to 3.55” X 4.83” within the loop? Any help from you gurus is greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance
Lukas

Hi guys .. my idea was to make it simple and do things on a manula, the post did not req script method, but yes we all need to thank my old mate in new Zealand for his wonderful code see feed :
http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=1773&forum=2

Here two of my plas Chris D and Ivan solve all youi need to know and Ivan scribes the script code, as he pointed out giving the feed.

I use this and it works, easy edit and will pop up any locatin of file, can be delevloped many ways. and the idea Chris D and myself were chewing the automation Ivan solved was WHAT IF I change the gola posts, i change the dat in a cell need to amend to correct picture.. there you have it.

The detailed manual method is ONE WAY, un less you manual change the backgroung again.

Be careful using TARGET address as this code does can get stroppy and twitchy which will end in debug mode, if th happes do not debug click END and it will reset and be fine. Ivans code works just fine...

enjoy as all our games do on this project...

Cheers Ivan speak soon...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
On 2002-04-06 07:48, Jack in the UK wrote:
Hi guys .. my idea was to make it simple and do things on a manula, the post did not req script method, but yes we all need to thank my old mate in new Zealand for his wonderful code see feed :
http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=1773&forum=2

Here two of my plas Chris D and Ivan solve all youi need to know and Ivan scribes the script code, as he pointed out giving the feed.

I use this and it works, easy edit and will pop up any locatin of file, can be delevloped many ways. and the idea Chris D and myself were chewing the automation Ivan solved was WHAT IF I change the gola posts, i change the dat in a cell need to amend to correct picture.. there you have it.

The detailed manual method is ONE WAY, un less you manual change the backgroung again.

Be careful using TARGET address as this code does can get stroppy and twitchy which will end in debug mode, if th happes do not debug click END and it will reset and be fine. Ivans code works just fine...

enjoy as all our games do on this project...

Cheers Ivan speak soon...

Hi jack I thought I sent an amendment ??
Anyway I've updated the code @ that Ref

Latter

Upvote 0
Hi Ivan

Loads of guys have this code and use it my Director of ICT wants me yeah i know to help HRS Director picture ID staff, and i happened to go.. EXCEL... will do it nice..

Funny i get pulled in in load and help many guys out.. this one is cool.

I have tried the edit.. did i not Email you???

to set the target range to say

Range("A1:A5","A10:A15") this is fine but the range is only allowing some two inputs else bounces out, never solve more ie we need 17, next year more.

But project could be reanges all over the place,and many many of them.

I know the multi target range will slow things but im in no rush ill make coffe for the guys and bingo done.

Good stuff mate please feel free to email on my work email or JackintheUK@hotmail.com

Take care my old mate and whath that Formula 1, we recon New Zealand should also have a circuite on the calander!

Upvote 0
Hi Jack...I'll have a look @ the Book
when I get time....and accomdate this
for Multi ranges so the update doesn't
slow........

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back