Data Entry for Remote Reviewers

MIMF

We have an Access 2000 Database in place to record information about hundreds of documents. We want to be able to send to multiple users nationwide a data entry form of some kind that they can use to record the information that the database calls for. They would then submit the form to me and I will add the data to the Database without having to re-key it. How do I create a form that users can fill in quickly and return electronically? Is there a way to use the existing Access form for this?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi MIMF,

There are myriad ways to do this, including creating a form directly in Access and merging the results of all the access tables that are returned with the forms. There are probably forums like this one elsewhere on the 'net where you could get specific help with this approach.

This can also be done quite easily in Excel, having users enter the data into a spreadsheet, and processing all the returned spreadsheets in Excel VBA to merge them into a single Excel spreadsheet before importing the results to Access, or using Access VBA to just import the results directly into Access tables. This is pretty easy, and if you should decide to go this way you could get a lot of help here at MrExcel.com.

Another possibility, and one I favor (even thought my first love is Excel), is to use Word. Word has a pretty good forms capability (check into Word "Form Fields"), and it is quite easy from Access VBA to read a whole folder full of Word forms, reading the values from all the form fields and populating an Access table with them.

I realize that my answer is very general, but hope is helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back