data entry

aktarbous

I have a list of names and a an addition formula for each name. Some names are listed 20 or more times. Can I (and if so how do I) enter the data for the names once and it will enter the data in all the rest of the same names instead of entering the data for each name seperatley.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
On 2002-04-05 09:49, aktarbous wrote:
I have a list of names and a an addition formula for each name. Some names are listed 20 or more times. Can I (and if so how do I) enter the data for the names once and it will enter the data in all the rest of the same names instead of entering the data for each name seperatley.
Hi aktarbous:
If I have understood you correctly ... the resulting entries are formulas, and if CALC is on automatic, once you change the source value, all the formulas that are affected by the source value should also get updated!
This may not be the situation ... in that case you will have to explain a liitle further and let us take it from there!

Upvote 0
Are the names spelled exactly the same?

Are the names in one column (such as column A), and the data to be entered goes into another column, or is the data to be entered in column A also?

Is this a one time deal or do you do it often?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back