Indexing Columns

kluitna

Board Regular
Here is my query. I will hopefully make some since here. WhatI am trying to do is write code that looks at another spread sheet and copies the values from a column range to another spreadsheet in a seperate workbook. I have code for most of this.

The problem
I need to copy a different column range for a given spreadsheet. I want to index that to a cell in the spreadsheet that the values are being copied into.

IE: Estimate 1 The one being in its own cell telling the code to look in a given column on the other sheet. Is there a way to index a cell range by column? I know it can be done by row.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have went through the search and have some ideas from there but nothing definitive.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Not sure if I understand your query, but are you looking for worksheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).select, which will select column 1 on Sheet1?

Upvote 0
Al, yes that is what I am looking for, thank you. I can index what you have there to cell pretty easily. Now the problem is I don't need the entire column. Just a range from the column. Is there a command to add the to restrict the rows in the column?

I am on the right path now. I will go do battle with the compiler.

Upvote 0
A little more info here. Here is what I am trying to do more specifically.

I want to copy the cell range c6:c75 from one sheet to another, but when I open a new sheet I will need to index the new sheet to copy from the previous sheet I copied for to copy the cell range d6:d75 and so on down the line. As I mentiond before I think I can sucessfuly index the destiantion spread sheet through a cell in the sheet, my problem is the proper syntax for indexing a cell range like above. all the help so far has been much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Upvote 0
Do you want something like the following:

Intersect(Range(Rows(6), Rows(75)), Columns(3)).Select

Upvote 0
Al, That looks like what I need. I will plug it in and give it a try. Appreciate it. I wish I could find a place that has just syntax for the code. I have a book, but its about useless, This forum by far is the best resource I have found.

Upvote 0
Try the help files. They are a great resource. Use the microsoft online help too.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back