External data still........

kurtpackard

Hi, I still cannot figure out how to pull data from the web without having to insert the complete URL. I want to reference PART of the URL from a cell I.E. Cell A1 to Cell A1000. I want it to do it automatically, as I have thousands of numbers to track on the internet and they each have their own web page.

Thanks,

Kurt

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
On 2002-04-05 10:30, kurtpackard wrote:
Hi, I still cannot figure out how to pull data from the web without having to insert the complete URL. I want to reference PART of the URL from a cell I.E. Cell A1 to Cell A1000. I want it to do it automatically, as I have thousands of numbers to track on the internet and they each have their own web page.

Thanks,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I am not sure I follow you, but are you going to append the specifics to a certain set website (i.e you have the main part of the URL as the constant and the detailed, secondary pages on the worksheet)?

If so, could you use something like this in your loop...?

setstring = (your base URL)

For x = 1 to 1000
yourstring = setstring & Cells(x,1)

do something with your string

next x

This may be of some use.

Regards,
Jay

Upvote 0
I am sorry I am not being very clear. I have been using Excel for a long time, but I have only used it for the simple stuff. Let me try to explain.

I have a spreadsheet I created off of a shipping data base that in Colum A has all of the tracking numbers. I have used the extract data function sucessfully for a single tracking number, say in colum A1. What I want to do is have excel automatically track the numbers from the web. I really do not care how it gets done, as long as it gets done. Someone sent me some code, but I am not really clear on where to put it or how to implement it. I will down load the connectivity kit when I get home tonight and try that. If there are any books I could buy please let me know.

Thank you,

Kurt

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back