text tip.

bolo

HI there i was wondering if there is anyway you can change the tiptext whilst a program is running. i can change it before i run a program but i was wondering if i can change it during run-time. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
the tiptext i am refering to is the bit of text that appears when the mouse point hovers over the button. The command button is on a multipage. any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi Bolo,

Just change it's ControlTipText using something like this:-

CommandButton1.ControlTipText = "Whatever text you want"

HTH,
Dan

Upvote 0
Have tried doing that already. The problem seems to be this. The command button is on a multipage and ANY controltiptext does not show up on that page, even if i initialized it from the start. So i guess my question is how to make a controltiptext of a button on a multipage show. Thanks again

Upvote 0
Which version of Excel are you using? I've just put a command button on a multipage and assigned a ControlTipText to it. It showed up when I hovered the mouse over it. I also changed it at runtime by using this code in the form's code module:-

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.CommandButton1.ControlTipText = "Hello"
End Sub

Are you saying that even if you assign something to the ControlTipText even at design time, then you do not see the tip when you hover the mouse over the command button? I'm using Excel 2000. Can you post a description of your form (I'm assuming the multipage control is on a form and not on another object such as a worksheet) along with all code in the form. There may be something else which is preventing the tip text from showing.

Regards,
Dan

Upvote 0
It worked for me. I just put dk's code (as is) in the userform_initialize and the tiptxt popped up. Check all of your spellings.

Upvote 0
I think it might be because i am using excel 97. Will try on 2k. thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back