Unwanted Scientific Format With Web Query

Audri

My Excel application does a web query on a html file containing security cusip numbers having an "E" in the 8th position of the data. Excel formats the data as scientific; I need to have a text format. I have tried using a .txt extention on the file and preformatting the cell as text (prior to performing the web query), but nothing has
worked so far. I am able to address this problem on a text import by using .TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(2). Is there something similar for a Web Query?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to prefix the data with a ' on a web query. By the time Excel completes loading the sheet, it has already changed the VALUE of the data as well as the format. I cannot add a ' to the html file as it is used for other purposes. Please explain how I can add a ' during the web query operation. Thanks!

Upvote 0
oh i see, sorry.

Is the initial data source of this column always eight digits, that is, can you use a formula to convert these values back?

Upvote 0
No, these are US Treasury Notes, as well as other security CUSIPs, some are 6, some 7 characters in length.

Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate all suggestions!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back