Printing checks in excel

AC

Board Regular
Does anyone have, or know a link to a workbook set up to print checks,writing checks, in excel? Thanks

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Do you mean:

font: zapf Dingbats key: 3,4
font: Wingdings 2 key: shift p

or check in a box:
font:Wingdings 2 key: shift r

??
If you do not have these fonts, the files are quite small to send (59 & 64 K)

Upvote 0
You may be better off creating a Word document that aligns to your checks. Then you can mailmerge from Excel. All could be automated.

Upvote 0
Hi

What Dreamboat has said is correct way to do these things, dreamboat i mean no offence but im not a Word lover, in fact i refuse to user or even load it on any PC i touch!

But just the same you can do all this in Excel just as easy its a case of VBA against Wbasic, Wbasic is not so easy and ready on the WWW (web) so not so easy to get help i guess. Excel is different.

VBA can do this and even sane the chques as sheets one shhet per page and per file in unique file name.. Mail Merge is just words buit in way to batch process, using fields which link to that data source, kinda like vlookups in excel.. But Word does not have the power.. ie copy the template and edit, with error handles so the cheque will be void if say value is under $10 or nil value, word will not do this.... unless you error check the value in excel and copy over the text answer.

BTW ... caution.

Your need special stationalry Sage Software company do this for Sage Accounting packages, and check with the bank, just in case.

Can be done.. my cann is make Excel control all... but this post is to offer opinions. im not offering definative anwer or saying i am correct.

Dreamboat & Oz, good site good work, stick with it...

Upvote 0
Hey, Jack. Thanks. But just to clarify something here....

>But Word does not have the power.. ie copy the template and edit, with error handles so the cheque will be void if say value is under $10 or nil value, word will not do this . . .

Um. Sure it does! And Word has VBA too, Jack! ROFL!!!!

S'okay. I used to hate Excel...

Upvote 0
Hi dreamboat...

your sure Word has Visual Basic for Application??? not Word Basic == this is Words version on Visual basic for Application...

IF so will Excel made VBA scripts run floorless on the Word VBE platform and excecute???

OK you can convet VBA Excel to WB with WB. ----- whatever the syntax is but thats not the same...

Im not Word expert and hardly an Excel expert either but im confused... if im wrong hey thansk for showing me the light always welcom extra knowledge..

Please explain

Upvote 0
Hi dreamboat...

your sure Word has Visual Basic for Application??? not Word Basic == this is Words version on Visual basic for Application...

IF so will Excel made VBA scripts run floorless on the Word VBE platform and excecute???

OK you can convet VBA Excel to WB with WB. ----- whatever the syntax is but thats not the same...

Im not Word expert and hardly an Excel expert either but im confused... if im wrong hey thansk for showing me the light always welcom extra knowledge..

Please explain

Hi Jack,

Most of the current Office products (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Frontpage) share VBA as their programming language, including Word. WordBasic was the language used by Word to create macros before Word 97. In most cases Word 97 onwards will be able to automatically convert from WordBasic to VBA without the user even knowing.

You say 'will an Excel macro run flawlessly in Word'. Some will, some won't e.g. this will:-

Sub test()
For X = 1 To 5
MsgBox X
Next
End Sub

but this won't:-

Sub test()
ActiveSheet.Range("a1:a10").Formula = "=RAND()"
End Sub

The difference lies in that they have different Object Models. For example Excel has a Workbook, Word has a Document. Both represent an individual file but they are completely different. You can control Word from Excel and Excel from Word (and between many other applications as well) by using a process known as automation. This basically says - 'OK, I am Excel but I'm friends with Word. I want to borrow some functionality of Word (e.g. use Word's thesaurus)'. You can reference Word's object library from Tools, References in the VBE and then create a macro just as though you were programming in Word - although there would be some slight differences because Excel assumes that if you use an unqualified statement e.g.

Application.Quit

then it will assume you want Excel to quit. If you wanted Word to Quit from an Excel macro then you'd use:-

Set WdApp=CreateObject("Word.Application")
WdApp.Quit

OK, those 2 lines of code are COMPLETELY bleeding useless but I hope they illustrate my point.

Anyway, I ranted on for long enough now so I shall get myself off to the pub.

Have a fine evening people,
Dan

Upvote 0
Hi guys

Thanks for the pointers, still peplexed at why we put WB on line cone commands??

Like i have shown and as i have been corrected WB was old VBA show just how long i have been kicking about on the PC what they old habbits and all,

my post ofter call on inter VBA on office suite,,,, but i must admit i say each have its version of VBA... need to look at that

Cheers guys.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back