Cell contents cutting off

jjerdee

We have run into issues with cell contents cutting off. Even when using the auto-fit options, contents are still often cut off and with a large spreadsheet, it's time-consuming to check each cell. It primarily seems to happen to cells with a lot of text. Any thoughts? We really need to make sure all of the information is printing for outside vendors who only have hard copies available to them.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Under Format Cells, on the Alignment tab, do you have the "Wrap text" option checked? Doing so may autoexpand the column vertically so that it displays all the text.

BTW, I probably should have asked from the onset:
1. Which version of Excel are you using?
2. What font type and size are you using?

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem! We use Excel 2007, and it seems that the cell content keeps getting cut off even after we auto-fit everything. And yes, all cells are set to wrap text. It looks fine on the screen, but if I view it in print preview or print the sheet, it shows the bottom of some of the cells getting cut off. And some have way less than 255 characters. I spent over an hour last night going through and manually adjusting each row height on a very large spreadsheet so that all of the data was visible. And now today I'm having the same problem with a different spreadsheet! What in the world is going on, and how do I fix it???

Upvote 0
We have experienced this with both MS Excel 2003 and 2007. The font we're using is Century Gothic, and we varied the size.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back