Andy's Coach Business Scheduler

swaink

Hi Aladin

That works a treat, may I ask a question of you before I post it.

I've now used CELL with the same formula to return the address of the field found by the formula.

The question? Is it possible to set the cell found to read "Booked" if the bookin is confirmed.

Kev

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
On 2002-01-14 13:14, swaink wrote:
Hi Aladin

That works a treat, may I ask a question of you before I post it.

I've now used CELL with the same formula to return the address of the field found by the formula.

The question? Is it possible to set the cell found to read "Booked" if the bookin is confirmed.

Kev

Hi Kev,

I know you had posted something, but I cannot see it in the listing of Excel Questions. I arrived here by typing "swaink" in the Search facility. Are you able to see yourself your own post?

Aladin
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-01-14 13:40

Upvote 0
I am trying to computerize my Uncle's coach business using Excel.

He has five coaches A - E which are booked out for day trips or longer tours. Also every 6 weeks a coach has to be withdrawn from service for compulsory Government safety checks and maintenance work (PSV Test)

There is a single booking-in form which shows the dates of OUTBOUND and INBOUND journeys.

Also I have another workbook called "scheduler" which has 3 months display of each day across Row2 and the coaches listed in column A. As a coach is booked out the booking reference is entered in the appropriate cells for each day of use.

My problem is when a customer enquires whether a particular coach is available for a specified day I want to see this information on the booking form. Free or Booking Ref??

I have tried a HLOOKUP table but cannot get it to work other than for coach A? what am I doing wrong

Any ideas anyone?????

Many thanks
Andy

Upvote 0
try your logic, but use VLOOKUP....

if your coaches are listed vertically, you will need to look (V)ertically down your coach table rather than (H)orizontally

Upvote 0
God, this sounds really familiar. It almost sounds like an A Level project. :wink:

Morissey and Chris both came up with good suggestions though.
_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-04-08 14:07

Upvote 0
Hi Peter

Can you email me a copy of your workbooks

I have some Ideas that may work but can't promise

Kev

Upvote 0
Hi peter

Ive email you a sample workbook with a couple of macro's in it and a formula to enable you to acheive your lookup.

Let me know if it helped

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back