Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can Pivot Table be used when there are no numbers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a job task list. There is a field for Category, Client, Job Number, Job Description, due date and status.
    I want to produce a report that shows each Category all by itself (like a one row "header" as wide as the number of columns) Then each client listed under that, by job number, description, due date and status.
    If I wanted to see just a particular client, I would filter, within the pivot table, for just that specific client.
    But the pivot table "Data area" looks for a count or a sum or something that shows a number within the report table.
    I just want a report showing a row "header" of category, and a line by line data of the other data.
    Is a Pivot Table the wrong tool? If so, what is the better way to accomplish this report?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use an AutoFilter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mark.
    When I use autofilter in the Category column, it does filter each job that is within a particular category.
    However, I need to do the next step, and that is, print out a report that shows each category as a row "header" with the resulting jobs listed under that category.
    Autofilter give me a column called category, and each job that is part of that category. I do not get the row category "header" I desire.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others