After using Drawing Tools. now can't click macro buttons? HE

Cosmos75

I recorded a macro to open the drawing toolbar to use the select function and select a couple of button used to run macros and now I can't click any other macro buttons!! HELP!
This message was edited by Cosmos75 on 2002-04-08 12:28

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I figured out that the select button on the drawing toolbar was still selected. Tried to record a macro to figure out how to de-lcik that button or turn it off. Excel didn't record and commands. HELP!!

Upvote 0
Al Chara,

TakeFocusOnClick=false

Do I have to specify which button it is? Or do I just insert TakeFocusOnClick=false? I am pretty new to VBA. Only so-so at using stuff like Range, Offset, Copy, Formula, Value, If Then statements....

Upvote 0
I don't think you can control that button in that way. I believe the control's state (i.e. on or off) is a read only property.

I've had that problem and I had to write that as a troubleshooting problem in the document I provided for my users.

_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-04-08 12:38

Upvote 0
You would have to set that property for the specific button, but I've never done it. And if mark thinks that it is read only, then it probably is.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-08 12:44, Al Chara wrote:
You would have to set that property for the specific button, but I've never done it. And if mark thinks that it is read only, then it probably is.

Hi,

You can set the .TakeFocusOnClick property. Check VBA help for specifics.

This property is for UserForms, I believe, or for items developed with the Control Toolbox, not with the Drawing/Forms objects.

However, I think the OP used the drawing toolbar to record the macro and stopped it too early. It may be that all that is needed is to return control to the worksheet. Add a line at the end like:

Range("A1").Select

and the control goes back to the worksheet.

Bye,
Jay

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back