Insert Comments possible or no?

Mayk

I have an invoice spreadsheet.
There is a column to enter data,invoice no.,type,contractor etc.
There is also column with heading WorkDoneAt andnext column to it is named WorkDetails.
What i am looking for is that instead of typing what job was done in a rows like
1.Construct structural opening and other works as agreed.
2.Construct structural opening and other works as agreed.etc etc.
I decided too put that into comment and the see it when required so it will take less place.
What i need now is to create a macro with a button attached to it which will take me through tthat process with another invoices below.
I am not sure if this is possible,if yes could any1 help me..

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi Mayk,

It is quite easy to create cell comments in a macro. Unfortunately I don't understand your question well enough to get specific in how to do this. I'm not sure whether you want to have a button which pops up a userform that asks you to enter or select from a list of possible job descriptions, which it would then put into a comment. Or do you want to have a macro that takes job description columns from past worksheets and convert them into a comments format rather than a cell format for the job descriptions?

Upvote 0
Hi
Ill be blunt ill never remember my private message and email is so heavy i track less work sorry, email me on my profile i have sone code you can attach to a bitton and it will add comment ready to type message in and so on, in the actice cell vey cool ...

BUT please can i ask remind me to post on this feed so ever one can see and use my code, ill forget.

Chris D sorry to ask you know how it is for me, we can hardley speak on the phone these days, BUG me and ill send the code and get it on this feed betweeen us its simple stuff i wrote.. others will love it its sweet..

Cheersnchris ill forget or never get it sorted, i feel others can use this one a big thats for everone.

Upvote 0
Chris

To ...co.uk please noy Jack acct ive 19 today to sort as you know i answer everone who emails me regardless... its all about help..

Upvote 0
DAMON

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hi Mayk,

It is quite easy to create cell comments in a macro. Unfortunately I don't understand your question well enough to get specific in how to do this. I'm not sure whether you want to have a button which pops up a userform that asks you to enter or select from a list of possible job descriptions, which it would then put into a comment. Or do you want to have a macro that takes job description columns from past worksheets and convert them into a comments format rather than a cell format for the job descriptions?

Keep Excelling.

Damon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damon wot i need is a macro code which i could attach to a button which would do following work.
after i type all the details in my invoice like DATA, CONTRACTOR,TYPE OF CONTRACTOR,TOTAL,TAX,TOTAL-TAX,ETC
I have last column named JOBDETAILS. Instead of typing the details on the worksheet i decided to put it in the comments box.
However this is meant to be a programme so user can make other comment box available in the easiest way as possible. And wot ui need is macro which would open automatically the comment box.
eg. I4 is a column with heading started JobDetails. Below are empty cells but when u point mouse at I5 it will show the details of the job in a comment box. i wont excel to open that automatically to enter new details in new invoices.
hope sound better.
sorry if too long.
if cant help dat is okay.
thank u for interest being show anyway

Upvote 0
Hi again MayK,

Here is some code that I think does what you want. This code is set up to work only with cells in column 2 (column B), but it should be obvious how to change that to work in the column you are interested in. It is actually quite easy to restrict it to any particular range or ranges of cells.

Just put this code into the worksheet's event code module. To do this, right-click on the worksheet's tab, select View Code, and paste the code into the VBE code pane that appears.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Static LastComment As Comment
If Not LastComment Is Nothing Then LastComment.Visible = False
If Target.Column = 2 Then
On Error GoTo NoComment
Target.Comment.Visible = True
Set LastComment = Target.Comment
Application.SendKeys "%IE~"
Exit Sub
NoComment:
'add comment and open for editing
Target.AddComment.Visible = True
Set LastComment = Target.Comment
Application.SendKeys "%IE~"
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back