User logging

Andy Gee

Is there any way in which to embed code which is not disabled when macros are have been disabled on opening the sheet?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
HI Andy --

OK look this is a big pain i agree but needed, there are billions of post on this one, Win XP and Office XP wont allow macros to open if security high,, only medium... thats how seriouse it is Macros Virus is a threat not so big now but was and stil is.. larus 1 and larus II were heavey nasty french buggers that distroyed data ..

i STRONGLY suggest sufferin gthe OK click obne yoy have checked OK ILL OPEN THAT ONE not just cick OK..

Thats the point PAINFUL, but needed some nasty guys see it fun to distroy others work and system, personall ill like to walk down a dark alley wit a virus programmer and have a chat about one or two chat about some thing virus related.

STICK with it..

OK Fix:

YES programming can fixx this but even if i do or di know il will not post the answer OK not the rules of this board but exceptance and common sence will defend me, i never hold information unless dangerouse which is fair.

And also if you buy a signature it digital from MSoft you get around this.. as known source.

Others if you set to low (NOT RECOMENDED) on LAN NOT EVER EMAIL, then ok warining will be removed,

Set to low ----- bNEVER RECOMENDED I CAN NOT STRESS THIS POINT ENOUGH....

Upvote 0
Would it make a difference if the only way the user could use the functions in a spread sheet he/she had to use user forms?

Perhaps I should elaborate on the finer details of my problem...

I need a system which I could could send to my cutomers, enabling them to modify the layout and content of their website. This is all done by user forms and FTP. I could notify them that they must enable macros to use the spreadsheet sucessfully but I don't want them to be able to see the formuae contained within the sheets. I could protect the spreadsheet, to safeguard the cells but cracking the code to sheet protection is easy peasy and many of my customers would know this. I reckon the safest way in which to protect my code is in VB macros etc. as the view code protection is harder to break into (I think/hope!).

What I really need to know is is there any way I could either write the code (via a macro) to the spreadsheet, will the macro (although possibly disabled) will be readable by the user? Can I hide anything in Excel (cells or vb)?

I once had a macro which generated PDF files which I could not read/view (even when I got the right password), any idea how they did it?

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
What I mean't was...put all the formulas on the hidden worksheets and just have links or the values on the visible worksheets. I don't know the application so I don't know if this will work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back