REFRESH PIVOT TABLE

knudsent

Last month, I had an Excel spreadsheet with 20 pivot tables within 10 separate worksheets. If I hit the refresh button on any one pivot table, all the tables refreshed. Today, I must hit the refresh button on each separate pivot table to do a complete refresh. I do not know what I did to make this change. Can anyone tell me what I possible did to modify the refresh capability?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
not sure but just record a macro of you refreshing each pivot table and run the macro when ever you want to update the pivot tables.

Upvote 0
Originally, all the PivotTables were probably sourced from a single PivotTable (the one you were refreshing). You may have unwittingly created this configuration by making copies of the worksheet that contained your original PivotTable and then modified each according to your needs. Alternately, you could have explicitly sourced subsequent PivotTables by specifying "Another PivotTable" at Step 1 of 4 in the PivotTable wizard. Either way you subsequently changed the source of what was a dependant PivotTable.

You could remedy this situation by re-establishing the sourcing from a "master" PivotTable by pressing the PivotTable wizard's [ Back ] button to return to Step 1 and re-specifying the source. Or, you could use the Refresh All toolbar button (from the External Data toolbar) to refresh all PivotTables on the workbook.
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-04-08 15:31

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back